Emirates Shipping Association
Become a part of our Committees and together we can drive
positive change, innovation and growth within the maritime sector.
Register your interest in joining the association here.
Join a Committee and contribute to change and growth in the maritime sector
Emirates Shipping Association is ready to take action. We’re curating committees with our fellow members to tackle challenges and define new opportunities on the issues that matter in the maritime industry. As a committee member, you can contribute to the growth and transformation of four key priorities in the maritime sector.
Each committee will research, prepare, and engage with relevant industry and government stakeholders including the Ministries of Energy and Infrastructure, Finance and the Economy, sharing insights and shaping policies. It’s a platform to influence change, foster innovation, and advance the industry’s global competitiveness.
Advocacy for UAE Registry as a
Flag State and Global Market Positioning
- Promote the benefits of registering vessels under the UAE flag.
- Explore and introduce tax strategies to enhance the attractiveness of the UAE registry.Collaborate with relevant authorities and stakeholders to strengthen the country’s standing in the global maritime market. (MOEI, MOE, MOF)
the Shipping Sector
- Participate in industry discussions on sustainable and low-carbon technologies.
- Explore initiatives to reduce emissions and promote the use of alternative fuels.
- Foster partnerships with ICS and other entities to drive sustainable practices within the shipping industry.
Advancing Maritime Leadership:
Education and Training
- Establish training modules focused on the latest industry trends, innovations, and leadership skills.
- Collaborate with educational institutions to create tailored programs for maritime professionals.
- Facilitate mentorship programs and knowledge-sharing sessions to empower future leaders.
- Implement safety awareness campaigns and best practices across the sector.
- Explore opportunities for diversification within the shipping and related industries.
- Collaborate with regulatory bodies to ensure adherence to international safety standards.